This is my second home for the next month.
It’s September and as the school year starts I was motivated to set a goal. I have been going to Pure Barre a couple times a month this summer. I love how I can tell that I am working all my muscles and strengthening my core. Last week I noticed that they were introducing a challenge for September- 20 classes in 30 days. If you accomplish it you can go as much as you want in October for a super cheap price. I went home and told Justin that I wanted to reach this goal.
I love my husband and really appreciate his feedback. However, instead of comments like- you can do it, piece of cake, etc…. He said maybe you should just aim for 1 time a week. I took this feedback and said… NO WAY! I got this and I will hit 20 classes … I’m still thinking of the prize for when I win. Maybe make him get a pedicure with me… Any suggestions?
1 down and 19 to go 😃
7 A.M. came way to early today! I thought about going back to bed because I could have gotten 1 more hour of sleep but decided against it. What motivated me to not go back to sleep?
I could not wait to sing along to this soundtrack while on the treadmill (for some reason no one is ever working out when I am in the morning).
The complete track listing:
1. “Empire State of Mind” (Jay- Z and Alicia Keys)
2. “Billionaire” (Travie McCoy featuring Bruno Mars)
3. “Me Against the Music” (Britney Spears)
4. “Stronger” (Britney Spears)
5. “Toxic” (Britney Spears)
6. “The Only Exception” (Paramore)
7. “I Want to Hold Your Hand” (The Beatles)
8. “One of Us” (Joan Osborne)
9. “River Deep, Mountain High” (Ike and Tina Turner)
10. “Lucky” (Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat)
11. “One Love (People Get Ready)” (Bob Marley and The Wailers)
12. “Teenage Dream” (Katy Perry)
13. “Forget You” (Cee Lo Green)
14. “Marry You” (Bruno Mars)
15. “Sway” (Pablo Beltrán Y Su Orchestra)
16. “Just the Way You Are” (Bruno Mars)
17. “Valerie” (The Zutons)
18. “(I’ve Had) The Time of My Life” (Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes)
What gets you to the gym?
What keeps you motivated to work out during the holiday season?
My knee is feeling so much better! What better way to celebrate than to go to the gym today. I know it’s gross outside but no excuses because the gym is literally five giant steps away from our place. I managed to get in a 36 minute work out on the treadmill which was fantastic. Thanks all for your suggestions on my playlist. This is what I listened to today:
1. Bad Romance- Lady Gaga
2. Crazy in Love- Beyonce
3. Down- Jay Sean
4. Dynamite- Tao Cruz
5. The Fame- Lady Gaga
6. I Made It- Kevin Rudolf
7. In My Head- Jason Derulo
8. Just Dance- Lady Gaga and Colby O’Donis
9. Replay- Iyaz
10. Tik Tok- Kesha
11. 2012- Jay Sean and Nicki Minaj
Now I need your help. What snacks do you eat after a workout? I had a couple pieces of mild cheddar today that were delish!
This morning I got up and went to work out. I hopped on the treadmill and turned my ipod to shuffle. The music started out pretty good a mix of Lady GaGa, Katy Perry, Beyonce but then it hit all the music that does not pump you up for a work out. (i.e. Matthew Puckett, a new favorite to listen to in the car and Michael Buble) I need help creating a playlist. I realize that I need some variety in the music and it needs to stay up beat! What do you listen to when you work out? I’d love to hear what keeps you going throughout your work out!
This is how I left Leo when I went to work out this morning.