Yesterday I woke up at 6 a.m. which is basically unheard of on a Sunday morning. You would think I was really sleepy but I was wide awake and a bit giddy with the anticipation of running in the Color Run in 2 hours. I managed to eat a bit of breakfast and then drove to the State Fair grounds where the race was being held. Justin and I didn’t expected that at 7:30 a.m. we would encounter any traffic but boy were we wrong. (After the race I learned that the color run would have 19,000 runners complete this race today.) I knew that since there were three start times: 8 am, 10 am and 1 pm that it would be busy but WOW I have never seen so many people at a race. I had a blast at this race and rocked the plastic sunglasses and the last minute white t-shirt purchased from Target. The great thing about this run was the music, my fellow runners, and the people that organized this run. I am definitely doing the Color Run next year and organizing a team. Now… Who wants to join me?
Sometimes a girls gotta reflect! It’s summer and I gotta smile because mother nature will soon change her mind and make the sunny days full of flip flops and smoothies into a blustery day full of Uggs and heated blankets. It’s important to take a moment to stop and (go with the cliche ) “Smell the roses.”
Here’s what’s making me smile this month:
1. Leo got a haircut at the beginning of the month and they put the cutest bow tie on him!
2. My mom came to visit for the 4th of July! We had a great time and we got to go to all our favorite spots (Nordstrom, Surdyk’s, Bar La Grassa , Sebastian Joes, and of course Cafe Latte).
3. My mom is going to be so mad that I put this picture on the blog but anyways…I love Pedicures and it was a great to have a Mother/Daughter day last week and get pampered. The funny thing is I’m completely in love with glitter and hate pastels and my mom (well…she’s the complete opposite).
4. I got my birthday present early from my mom. What flavor of ice cream should I make first?
5. I would like to thank Bakerella for the great idea of making snow cone cupcakes. When I made these I found I had a love/hate relationship with them. I loved the taste of the frosting and I HATED spending 2 hours on decorating these babies.
What are you lovin this month?
(not done yet… but hopefully I will finish it soon)
Sunday night is more fun when you get to spend it being crafty with your girlfriends. Especially when you throw in tools that emboss, bind paper, and make stickers!
I found out a couple weeks ago that Paper Source will do private craft classes. I knew I had to get a bunch of friends together to do this. We had a blast last night for an hour making our own Message Boards. We got to use all these cool tools and create our own crafty creations. There is something about using an Embossing Heat Tool that is mildly therapeutic. ( I know it’s crazy sounding.)
Paper Source has locations all over the US. I would suggest that if you are feeling an urge to craft that you head over there a.s.a.p. ( you’ll thank me)
Here are some snaps of our favorite tools we used. ( all are available at Paper Source)
Embosser Heating Tool
Binding Tool (Zutter)
Make your own sticker ( Xyron)
reminded me of the old school exacto knife (this one was easier to use)
greatest sticky stuff!
Lots of Love,
I’m officially counting down the days until I get to leave for Thanksgiving. Right now the counter on my phone says 31 days, 18 hours, and 9 minutes . I’m not sure who is more excited my mom or me. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday and the fact that I get to spend a whole week in Bama is like a big cherry on top of a sundae. ( more on Thanksgiving lata) It’s been a couple of months since I have seen my mom and dad which is so not fun but… you know what is fun? Care Packages…. Leo and I just received one this weekend which was perfect because I think that the puppy and I were coming down with some Bama Blues. In our package we found an ALABAMA Pez Dispenser for me, an adorable t-shirt and little Leo got 4 new squeeky balls (which are currently the toy of the week to him). Leo and I sure feel better after opening our package.
What helps you cure the blues?
Leo managed to chew a hole in the purple one an hour after he got it.