Today after two attempts I made my first tasty batch of granola. I was following a recipe from a new cookbook I got from Cooking Light called Cooking Light Fresh Food Fast 24/7. This is the first recipe I have made from this cookbook. My first attempt was a fail. I think my oven cooks faster than I thought. I cooked it at 300 degrees for 30 minutes and made sure to stir it after each 10 minute increment. It came out looking way to brown. I decided to try it again and had a better final product. Here’s what I did:
2 cups rolled oats
1 cup sliced almonds
1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons canola oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract.
1 cup chopped apricots
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Mix oats and almonds in a bowl until combined.
3. Heat honey and canola oil in small saucepan and stir occasionally till it boils.
4. Take it off the heat and stir in the salt, cinnamon, and vanilla extract.
5. Pour the honey mixture over the bowl of oats and mix until evenly coated.
6. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper and then pour granola on it.
7. I set my timer for 9 minutes and popped the granola in the oven. When it beeped I stirred it and popped it back in the oven for 9 more minutes.
8. After 18 minutes the granola had turned a golden brown.
9. Let it cool and then stir in chopped apricots.
I’m mixing this in with my yogurt tomorrow.
Have you ever had to re-attempt a recipe after an epic fail?