Alabama Crimson chargers with striped plates. My mom goes all out when entertaining!
Thanksgiving may have been yesterday but we don't repeat meals. You have to have Fried Chicken, biscuits, broccoli slaw, corn casserole and red hot spiced apples when you watch a game.
It’s 6:15 on Friday and the Alabama/ Auburn game is over and unfortunately I will not be driving to the fan store to pick up my Iron Bowl shirt this year. Alabama lost by 1 point which is too bad. But I wanted to inspire all of my readers and encourage you all to look back at this past year and reflect on what you are thankful for. I don’t usually do it in a list but I’m going to try something new.
1. my family- The “fam” as I like to call them are always in reach by phone and email. Some of them I might even call closet blog readers because they don’t comment but I have learned that they are some of my avid readers. (Shout out to y’all… lots of love) Some crazy stuff has happened this year but my mom is determined to tell anyone that 2011 is going to be a great year.
I found this on my moms dresser. (not sure what year it was but know its Halloween)
2. my friends (in Minneapolis/ outside of ) Some of you I affectionately call my family because you have been there for me this year for some great/ not so great times. I love that I can persuade you to lie on the couch with me and watch some tv or encourage you to be a baking buddy for a new recipe that I must try.Thanks to my out of town buddies for realizing that I am terrible at calling people back and sending me emails and gchats.
3. Leo- now I know you are all laughing but Leo ( my cocker spaniel) is not only quite entertaining but a great pup and I had to include him in the list. He keeps us entertained all year long.
4. Justin (my husband)- He always says yes to any crazy thought I may have. He will run out to the grocery in terrible weather when I forget an ingredient for a recipe and he will happily take Leo out when tons of snow is falling down. He makes great pancakes and kugel and will happily wash dishes without being asked.
5. Tom Tom- (my gps) Pretty funny I know but I could not have navigated as well as I did (haha… I’m still learning my way around) without you. You have been there for me in snow, harsh winds, multiple times I have gotten lost, and for various lengthy excursions) Thank you for being a small, palm sized electronic that I literally would be lost without.
Dad, Mom, me, and Justin (not pictures are my brother, Josh and the pups Sassy and Selly)
What are you thankful for?
What makes your life easier?